If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
These cookies are miraculously made without any flour and instead use sunflower seed butter as their base, which yields a rich and gooey result. They are surprisingly cakey and unapologetically fudgy with their dark chocolate chunks. The sunflower seed coating around the outside also adds a pleasant crunch.
Double Chocolate Chunk Sunbutter Cookies [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sun butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (70% or higher), roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted, shelled sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, which together chia seed mixture and vanilla. Add the sun butter and mix thoroughly. Add the maple syrup, baking soda, and sea salt and fold together. Stir in the cocoa powder. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Place the sunflower seeds in a separate bowl. Wet your hands slightly with water. Divide the dough into about 20 portions and roll each into a rough ball.
- Drop the dough balls into the bowl of seeds and roll to coat them in the seeds. Flatten the balls out slightly and place them on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 13 minutes, until they have risen and expanded. Let them cool before serving otherwise they will still be too gooey. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Per Serving: Calories: 350 | Carbs: 27 g | Fat: 20 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 271 mg | Sugar: 12 g
EXPLORE MORE RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS: